Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Peace and Knowledge Across Borders"? (Part 1/2)

I heard this over Hitz.fm every morning till I am kind of Irritated. Just like the Titanic song. They played it over and over and over like 60 times a day. So, I decide to check it up over the net and I found the site NorthPoleExpediation.

The MISSION is very admirable..."To be the FIRST ASIAN WOMAN to have traversed the NORTH and SOUTH POLES" and very courageos. I mean not many people can do that unless she/he has that kind of money to spend. Of course she/he have to be fit enough to do so. Arrrrrr.....well, when you have that kind of money, I believe one should be fit enough.

Abuthen, after reading the VISION, the whole thing just make me puke. I mean c'mon....you want to create a new record in Malaysia or in Asia....well....Me myself if possible also want to create some new record. But saying something that "great" but aint that wise just make me sick.

Let's look at the "Key Objective" of the expedition, "to create history once again by establishing a new World Record as the first Asian woman to traverse both the Antarctic and Arctic Continents and complete the Pole to Pole Mission.". Well, that is something great. Oneself must have own achievement and self ego to satisfy. Given the money I can have, I would want to fly to the moon with HotAir baloon. But I just cant understand how do we establish a new world record if someone had done it before and I presume "create history once again" means re-create the "history" ? Hope someone can explain to me beause I am very poor in English.

- 2 bi kontinu..

No comments: